Do you want to make a difference in the lives of families experiencing homelessness? Do you have experience in fund development, marketing, public relations, or just a big heart and some free time? Consider joining one of our committees. Our committees currently in need of members include Fund Development and Public Relations.
Fund Development Committee
Our Fund Development Committee’s goal is to ensure that adequate resources are being generated to meet the budgetary needs of the organization.
- Plan, support, monitor, and evaluate Affiliate’s fundraising program; develop and monitor annual and long-term fundraising goals.
- Enlist the support of all trustees in three key activities:
- Personally contributing to the Affiliate;
- Reaching potential donors through business, personal contacts;
- Participating in fundraising activities
- Develop, maintain and assess up-to-date donor list
- Cultivate individual and institutional major donors
- Solicit funding through grant proposals and face-to-face individual meetings
- Work with Affiliate Relations team to cultivate congregations for funding
- Oversee fundraising events
- Ensure that fundraising goals are met
Needed skill sets
Research, database management, event coordination, sales, public speaking and/or platform skills, organization, writing and editing, grant review, trends analysis, project management
Public Relations Committee
The Public Relations Committee’s goal is to develop and implement strategies designed to enhance and maximize the organization’s public profile.
- Develop and implement a public relations plan to enhance the image and visibility of Family Promise in the community
- Develop local media contacts
- Keep updated lists of personnel in all appropriate media, including print (newspaper, magazines), radio, and television
- Submit press releases and other information to press on regular basis
- Regularly review Affiliate’s brochure and other community relations pieces to ensure up-to-date, well-presented information.
- Keep informed of success stories and events suitable for publication in Family Promise’s newsletter and other publications, including online publications.
- Assist with increasing online presence and social media relations
Needed skill sets
marketing and public relations, media connections, writing/editing, project management, graphic arts
Contact us today if you are interested in making a difference in the lives of our families by joining a committee. Email FamilyPromise82070@gmail.com or call the office directly at 307-742-6480.