Job Title: Family Advocate
Type of position: Full time
Repots to: Executive Director
Salary: $20,000 – $25,000 (depending on experience)
Family Promise of Albany County provides opportunities for families in our community to achieve self-sufficiency by offering community-based programs designed to break the cycle of homelessness and dependence. Family Promise of Albany County believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and that the contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, the position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services whenever/wherever necessary to ensure our collective success.
This position works directly with families receiving shelter and participating in FPAC’s Path program. The Family Advocate is responsible for providing wrap around case management to families and is expected to manage all documentation/records associated with families. Wrap around case management includes assisting families with setting goals, creating a case plan, connecting families with other agencies, providing transportation, and creating a safe and welcoming environment for families and children in the Day Center and host sites. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Screening potential clients who are seeking temporary financial assistance. Conduct in-home screening visits as appropriate.
- Explaining agency services and determining program eligibility in accordance with current regulations.
- Providing problem-solving assistance for clients in crisis, including options available to them within social service and community resource systems.
- When appropriate, conducting an assessment with clients to identify a history of need and profile to assess the following: housing needs, income and work history, physical/emotional health treatment, criminal history, debt, and social support needs.
- Advocating for clients to secure needed services and resources for which they are eligible.
- Assisting clients with transportation to day center, host church, and client appointments when available.
- Supporting and advising volunteer coordinators working with clients during their stay.
- Maintaining accurate, complete, up-to-date documentation of client services.
- Entering client information in required reporting systems.
- Networking with community and social services system to ensure access to resources for eligible clients.
- Representing the agency at professional and community meetings, as requested.
- Pursuing continuing education in courses of study related to required duties and agency objectives.
Education and Experience:
- College degree
- Proficient computer skills & in-depth knowledge of relevant software
- Excellent communication skills
- College degree in Social Work or related field
- One-year experience in a social service agency or non-profit
Please contact the Executive director with any questions at 307-742-6480.
Submit resumes by November 6th, 2020 to the Executive Director @ Director.FamilyPromise82070@