Job Title: Part-Time Case Manager for Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Status: Exempt/ Part-time
Work Location: Laramie, Wyoming
Closing Date: until filled
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or mail to P. O. Box 1859, Laramie, WY 82073
Family Promise of Albany County (FPAC) has recently engaged with a collaborative effort to connect families with the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). FPAC is actively recruiting a part time case manager to carry out this project. The goal of the project is to help low-income families who have not been able to (or are concerned they will not be able to) make their rental or utility payments due to impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Rental Assistance Program will also help landlords and utility companies that may not have received payments owed to them. The case manager will work with teams from Laramie Interfaith and FPAC to offer clients services related to applying for ERAP. This position will last through December 2021, with the potential to extend into 2022 based on the level of continued need and resulting funding.
- Provide telephone and/or face-to-face screening with potential clients who are seeking temporary financial assistance. Conduct in-home screening visits as appropriate.
- Explain ERAP services and determine program eligibility in accordance with current regulations.
- Provide problem-solving assistance for clients in crisis.
- Help clients to identify appropriate documentation for completing the online ERAP application.
- Maintain accurate, complete, up-to-date documentation of client services. Submit paperwork in a timely manner.
- Enter client information in required reporting systems.
- Attend and actively participate in all assigned meetings.
- Represents the agency at professional and community meetings, as requested.
- Work collaboratively with FPAC and Interfaith teams to streamline service offerings.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will be both compassionate toward people and passionate about helping others. This individual should be organized, make good decisions, be a problem solver, possess the ability to form great interpersonal relationships, be a great communicator, be positive, be professional and have the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 1 years’ experience working in a social service or case management
- Previous volunteer experience
- Experience working with low-income families.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of populations.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the executive director of FPAC