How to Help
Volunteers are the heart of the Family Promise program.
Volunteering During COVID-19
With the host site rotation on pause we are sheltering families in hotels. We need your help to provide meals to our guests!
- Food drop off is on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS 9am-4pm
- Drop off location is 215 S. 11th Street (United Presbyterian Church)
- Please ring doorbell and remain outside the door. Someone will be there to collect your donation (it takes a few minutes for us to get downstairs).
- Shelf stable meals are preferred but we can use the UPC fridge to store perishables.
- Please portion meals. Our guests only have a microwave and hotel mini fridge for food prep and storage.
- Our number of guests is changing very frequently these days. Please contact your coordinator for the most current numbers. (If you don’t have a coordinator please contact the Family Promise office).
Food Host Schedule
|Nov. 22 – Nov. 29||Thanksgiving|
|Nov. 29 – Dec. 6|
|Dec. 6 – Dec- 13||Rock Laramie|
|Dec. 13 – Dec. 20||First Baptist|
|Dec. 20 – Dec. 27||Christmas|
|Dec. 27 – Jan. 3||New Years|
|Jan. 3 – Jan. – 10||Trinity Evangelical Lutheran|
|Jan. 10 – Jan. 17||United Presbyterian Church|
|Jan 17 – Jan. 24||United Methodist Church||
Day Center Closed MLK Day 1/20/20
|Jan. 24 – Jan. 31||Unitarian Universalist Fellowship|
|Jan. 31 – Feb. 7||St. Matthew’s Cathedral-Canterbury House|
|Feb. 7 – Feb. 14|
|Feb. 14 – Feb. 21||
Day Center Closed Presidents’ Day 2/17/20
|Feb. 21 – Feb.28||Rock Laramie|
|Feb. 28 – March 7||First Baptist|
For the full schedule please see the list.
*Empty spaces indicate undesignated weeks.
Diaper & Hygiene Pantry Assistant
In order for our Diaper & Hygiene pantry to be a sustainable program we need volunteers to help with distributions, stocking shelves, and logging items.
- Currently need help on THURSDAYS 9am-4pm (2 hour shifts)
- The pantry is located at 215 S. 11th Street (United Presbyterian Church)
- Involves going up and down stairs while carrying bags of hygiene items.
- Due to social distancing, guests remain outside while attendant collects items. Volunteers must wear masks.
- Will help log donated and distributed items.
- While this is a low intensity volunteer activity, it is very valuable to the families we serve and our staff.
If you are interested in helping, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Pantry Manager