Current Volunteer Opportunities
Bring a Meal
With the host site rotation on pause we are sheltering families in hotels. We need your help to provide meals to our guests!
- Food drop off is on WEDNESDAYS and THURSDAYS 9am-4pm
- Drop off location is 215 S. 11th Street (United Presbyterian Church)
- Please ring doorbell and remain outside the door. Someone will be there to collect your donation (it takes a few minutes for us to get downstairs).
- Shelf stable meals are preferred but we can use the UPC fridge to store perishables.
- Please portion meals. Our guests only have a microwave and hotel mini fridge for food prep and storage. PLEASE DON’T OVERSTOCK.
- Our number of guests is changing very frequently these days. Please contact your coordinator for the most current numbers. (If you don’t have a coordinator please contact the Family Promise office). When in doubt plan on enough food for 6 people.
We are also introducing our Direct Client Contactless Meal Drop off! If you want to make and drop off a hot home cooked meal to our clients at their hotel room, sign up below.
- Food drop off will vary depending on clients availability and is currently any weekday at 4pm.
- A member of the Family Promise team will contact you with the proper room information as well as information regarding confidentiality when you sign up.
- When bringing meals please make sure they are proportioned and/or in disposable containers.
- When at the hotel, please place the packaged food on the floor next to the given hotel room door.
- Once you knock, please step back six feet to allow room from social distancing.
- As always, please wear your mask and other personal protective equipment when delivering food.
Need ideas for what meals to bring? Read our Food Suggestions guide.
Food Host Schedule
|June 27 – July 4||Snowy Range E- Free|
|June 4 – July 11||LDS||Day Center Closed|
|4th of July|
|July 11 – July 18||Living Shepard Lutheran|
|July 18 – July 25||Unitarian Universalist Fellowship|
|July 25 – Aug 1|
|Aug. 1 – Aug. 8||St. Matthews-Canturbery|
|Aug. 8 – Aug 15|
|Aug 15 – Aug 22|
|Aug. 22 – Aug 29||Snowy Range E-Free||1st Day of School|
|Aug 29 – Sept. 5|
|Sept.5 – Sept. 12||Rock Laramie|
|Sept. 12 – Sept. 19||First Baptist||
Day Center Closed Labor Day 9/6/21
|Sept. 19 – Sept 26||Trinity Evangelical Lutheran|
|Sept 26 – Oct. 3||United Methodist Church|
|Oct 3. – Oct. 10||United Presbyterian Church|
|Oct. 10 – Oct. 17||Unitarian Universalist Fellowship|
|Oct. 17 – Oct 24||St. Matthew’s Cathedral-Canterbury House|
*Empty spaces indicate undesignated weeks. For the full schedule please see the list.
Diaper & Hygiene Pantry Assistant
In order for our Diaper & Hygiene pantry to be a sustainable program we need volunteers to help with distributions, stocking shelves, and logging items.
- Currently need help on WEDNESDAYS and THURSDAYS 9am-4pm (2 hour shifts)
- The pantry is located at 215 S. 11th Street (United Presbyterian Church)
- Involves going up and down stairs while carrying bags of hygiene items.
- Due to social distancing, guests remain outside while attendant collects items. Volunteers must wear masks.
- Will help log donated and distributed items.
- While this is a low intensity volunteer activity, it is very valuable to the families we serve and our staff.
If you are interested in helping, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Pantry Manager
Thank you for volunteering with Family Promise of Albany County! If you are a new volunteer and haven’t filled out the confidentiality agreement you can find the form below.